Sunday 20 February 2011

Is this Lady going "Gaga"?

Happy Sunday everyone!
You know, last night I timer-recorded on my DVD, as I usually do at weekends, Jay Leno's Show on NBC, which I've seen this morning with my kids, and LGG was Jay's special guest on St Valentine's Day. You know I'm not that fond of the Gagas and the Biebers but I can honestly say she's becoming a total freak, both physically as much as a person, kind of the self-destructive transformation M. Jackson went through in his prime. Let me explain why I've got this weird theory. This is, courtesy of DailyMotion, the same interview I recorded last night, featured barely a week ago, the day after her much-hyped recent appearance inside an egg (actually a vessel, according to herself) at the Grammies, where she scooped 3 awards:




Then, this is her again, but 14 months earlier, talking to the same host on the occasion of launching Bad Romance from the Fame Monster album:



I don't know what you guys think, but at the time she looked to me like a "fresher rose", so to speak, a healthier-looking person, you know. The look in her eyes, her physical presence, the way she sings ... nothing to do with her somewhat ghoulish, I daresay, image today. I mean, I really couldn't care less how she goes about her business or what she does to herself, but I just wonder ... if this is the price to pay for worldwide fame, I take pity on these showbiz celebs, I really do.

OK folks, sorry to bore you with my reflections on the glitz and glam of music mega-stars but at the end of the day, believe me, it's all for the sake of English! And Jay and Gaga speak the language, don't they? Will you post your comments anyway?

Now, as far as Gaga's work is concerned, what's all this controversy that she's ripped off Madonna's 1990s hit "Express yourself" in her latest single, Born this way (which Teresa duly emailed me a couple of days ago)? Mm, interesting lyrics the song contains ... I don't like the music, though. Fancy listening to the stuff? No worries ...

Actually, now you can watch the long-awaited, much hyped videoclip of the song, which was premiered only yesterday on YouTube (where else!?). "This is the manifesto of Mother Monster", Lady Gaga recites ... "As the wombs numbered and the mitosis of the future began, it was perceived that this infamous moment in life is not temporal, it is eternal. and thus began the the beginning of the new race, a race within the race of humanity, a race which bears no prejudice, no judgment, but boundless freedom", she explains in a voiceover with dramatic scenes of a child birth in space. "But on that same day, as the eternal mother hovered in the multiverse, another more terrifying birth took place: the birth of evil." Wow, I guess this lady might one day soon become the master of the ... multiverse? But enough of this speech. Just watch, a scary sight to behold, this latest Gaga videoclip!






This video I've just found on the BBC claims that Lady Gaga is also a savvy business woman. With an army of more than 8 million Twitter followers, she seems to understand the digital media better than most artists today and has arguably taken product placement and marketing tie-ups to a new level. Her latest venture is to promote a range of cosmetics which helps fund AIDS research. This woman (lady, more like!) will stop at nothing to eventually become the first woman President of the USA, mark my words!

5 comments:

  1. You know why she is become this... DRUGS!!! like most of them US singers and artists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad to see what it takes to be a "celebrity" nowadays,... I'm sure she will regret in the future.
    Miguel (C1)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is now in the limelight, let her enjoy the moment!!, but, what will happen when her glorious days go off?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everybody!!
    Right this morning I watched by chance this video... (hope the link will work)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Hj1KxgOJY&feature=related

    ... and I was somewhat surprised of how Lady Gaga speaks to this little girl, specially the words she says. It made me think this artist is just playing this freaky role to keep her fame on top of the charts, but, at the same time, she's "forced" to hide the way she was before.

    I'm not a follower of her music, but I reckon I've never given it a try. She's not my cup of tea, so to speak. But I liked the way she spoke to that girl, though, and the lyric of "Born this way" is fantastic.
    That's all 4 now

    C U!! :D

    Fatima (C1)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you Fátima, although in my case I'm a GaGa fan xD

    I truly believe she's playing a role and, as I said in my review of her concert, she’s a genius at getting people to talk about her. I deeply believe it's a huge mistake just looking at the surface, that drives me mad! It's only marketing!... What is a pity it's not Lady GaGa disguised as a monster, but the music industry!

    When I listened to "Born this way" for the first time, I noticed I was right when I thought Lady GaGa wanted to make people comfortable with themselves, the song makes you want to celebrate life and be thankful for being the way you are. There's something that I admit, and it's that, at least in my opinion, this song is not living up to the expectation of Bad Romance, or even Alejandro but that's because they are amazing songs xD

    Anyway, I really hope one day everybody will see how Lady GaGa is for real, and that will be the proof that I'm on the right track, baby XD

    Virginia (NA)

    ReplyDelete