Friday 31 December 2010

New Year's resolutions: Jamie Cullum's "Next Year Baby"


Come the last few days of the aging year, we all start making resolutions for the new one: gonna do more exercise, start a diet, take up a new hobby, even quit smoking, blah, blah, blah. Then, one way or another, most of our good-will intentions gradually fall on stony ground, don't they? But it's always nice to kind of try and "mend our ways", isn't it?
That's why I thought I could sort of say a musical goodbye to 2010 on our blog and, at the same time, wish you all the best for 2011. And there's a delightful song by a fantastic artist who you know I was privileged enough to see live recently, Jamie Cullum. It's called "Next year baby" and I think it suits today perfectly. My favourite part is when Jamie sings: "But if there's one thing I must do / Despite my greatest fears / I'm gonna say to you / how I've felt all of these years!
I've chosen the longer live version because at the beginning of the rendition, before the actual song, you can watch Jamie deliver one of his renowned, physically-charged impromptus on stage. A great entertainer, he really is!
Anyway, my dear students, I do hope you all have well-meant resolutions for the new year, many of which, despite your greatest doubts, will be fulfilled to make you feel better, nicer, healthier people.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE EVERYONE AND A BLISSFUL 2011!




1 comment:

  1. To sum up: wish our troubles last as long as our New Year resolutions!

    Ha, ha!

    María.

    ReplyDelete